- Never leave a child unattended in a vehicle – even if the windows are partially open or the engine is running and the air conditioning is on;
- Make a habit of looking in the vehicle – front and back – before locking the door and walking away;
- Ask the childcare provider to call if the child doesn’t show up for care as expected;
- Do things that serve as a reminder that a child is in the vehicle, such as placing a purse or briefcase in the back seat to ensure no child is accidentally left in the vehicle, or writing a note or using a stuffed animal placed in the driver’s view to indicate a child is in the car seat; and
- Teach children that a vehicle is not a play area and store keys out of a child’s reach.
- In addition, NHTSA urges community members who see a child alone in a hot vehicle to immediately call 911 or the local emergency number.
- A child in distress due to heat should be removed from the vehicle as quickly as possible and rapidly cooled.
A new CDR software patch is now available for downloading from the Bosch Diagnostics website. Changes for CDR version 16.0.1 include:
2015 Ford Fiesta – changed EDR translation memory locations for RCM software part number AV1T-14C028-CB
2015 Ford Transit & Transit Connect – resolved an error opening a CDR file on some vehicles where a fault code was recorded in an EDR record
Refer to the “What’s New in this Version” section of the CDR help file for details.
Please visit our website and click on the link (CDR v16.0.1) to download the patch:
CDR v16.0 System Software
CDR v16.0.1 Software Patch (requires installation of 16.0)
Note: You MUST have CDR v16.0 installed prior to installing the CDR v16.0.1 software patch. You do not need a new activation certificate.The Bosch CDR system supports select airbag modules for vehicle as far back as 1996. To see if the pre-crash data from your vehicle’s airbag module can be downloaded please see the BOSCH CDR Coverage List. Veritech engineers utilize the Bosch CDR system as an important tool to aid in performing vehicle accident reconstructions. Airbag modules are capable of recording valuable pre-crash information, such as vehicle speed, brake application and seatbelt usage, but are not capable of telling the entire story. Accident reconstruction engineers must still consider all of the available physical evidence, along with the ACM data, in to order to properly reconstruct an accident. Veritech Consulting Engineering employs Professional Engineers who are specifically trained and certified in the use of the Bosch CDR system and have performed numerous accident reconstructions utilizing airbag module information. Click on the following link for more information on “black box” technology.
- Honda, $70,000,000, for failing to both submit early warning reports and warranty claims.
- Gwinnett Place Nissan, $110,000, for failing to perform recall remedy in new motor vehicles prior to sale and delivery.
- Ferrari S.p.A. and Ferrari North America, Inc, $3,500,000, for failing to submit early warning reports.
- Chapman Chevrolet LLC, $50,000, for failing to perform recall remedy in new motor vehicles prior to sale and delivery.
- Hyundai Motor America, $17,350,000, for the failure to issue a recall in a timely manner.
- General Motors Company, $35,000,000, for the failure to issue a recall in a timely manner.
- General Motors Company, $441,000, for failing to fully respond to Special Order by due date.
- Prevost, a division of Volvo Group Canada, Inc; Volvo Industrial de Mexico S.A. de C.V.; and Prevost Car (US) Inc., $250,000, the second of six annual installments of a total of $1.5 million in civil penalties, for untimely recalls and untimely submission of early warning reports, and technical service bulletins (TSBs).
- Southern Honda Powersports (a/k/a Big Red Powersports LLC), $25,000, the second of five annual installments of a total of $125, 000 in civil penalties, for the sale of unrepaired, recalled vehicles.