Mark H. Kittel, P.E.
Motorcycle Accident Reconstruction, Product Failure AnalysisMark Kittel, P.E. specializes in accident reconstruction and product failure analysis, with an emphasis on issues involving on-road motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATV’s, and UTV’s. As a former product development and test engineer in the motorcycle and ATV division of Honda R&D of America, Mr. Kittel has extensive experience designing, testing and operating motorcycles and other Powersports vehicles such as, ATV’s (All-Terrain Vehicles), PWC (personal watercraft and Jet-skis), snowmobiles and UTV’s (utility vehicles similar to the Yamaha Rhino and the Polaris Ranger). As a current motorcycle enthusiast and former AMA pro-level motorcycle road-racer, Mr. Kittel has a unique understanding of the operational characteristics of both on-road and off-road vehicles. The combination of Mr. Kittel’s engineering training and racing experience gives him a thorough understanding of motorcycle dynamics, rider reaction and vehicle capabilities including traction limits and vehicle response to rider inputs.
As a principal forensic engineer, Mr. Kittel has analyzed and provided expert testimony for cases involving, but not limited to commercial vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, auto accidents and product failures involving specific component parts as well as complicated mechanical systems in a variety of consumer products and commercial equipment. His experience as a testing and development engineer gives him extensive knowledge and industry experience related to product design and product development as well as experience with numerous manufacturing methods and processes. Mr. Kittel has been qualified by numerous courts around the country and internationally to give expert testimony in the areas of mechanical engineering, accident reconstruction, motorcycle dynamics and motorcycle riding techniques and practices.
REGISTRATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Professional Engineer in the States of Colorado, California and Mississippi
- Board Certified in Forensic Engineering by the National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE)
- Fully Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR)
- Certified by National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
- Motorcycle Accident Reconstruction
- Product Liability & Failure Analysis
- ATV, UTV and PWC Accident Reconstruction
- Bicycle Accident Reconstruction
- Automobile Accident Reconstruction
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Reconstruction
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering: University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, Specialty in Vehicle Design, National Honor’s Society, Dean’s List
- NSPE-National Society of Professional Engineers
- NAFE-National Academy of Forensic Engineers
- ACTAR-Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists
- NAPARS-National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
- SAE-Society of Automotive Engineers
- ASME-American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- AMA-American Motorcycle Association
- ΠΤΣ-Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honors Society